Prostaglanden Gel Treatment

Our little man has decided to be stubborn like his Daddy.  He was due on Jan. 21, 2012.  On Thursday we started out first of the Prostaglanden Gel treatments.  When we went in on Friday there was no dilation but my cervix is now soft and mushy.  It is working, slowly but working none the less.  We did our 2nd treatment on Friday and the Midwife said to give the body a little break for a couple days and see if he will move down further into the pelvic area and come out on his own.  So, our job is to walk, bounce and do everything we can think of to help our little man come into this world.  If not, we are set for induction on Monday at 9am.  Once they do the internal exam of the cervix we will know what type of induction they will want to do.  I could get another gel treatment and be sent home as well, but we will see.  Fingers crossed that Robert wants to enter the world without Pitocin.  I would rather not have to go that way if we don’t need to and I would like to avoid a C-section if at all possible too.

Now we wait and see.


What are your thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s