I really should have taken before and after pictures, maybe next time. I have a porcelain sink in the kitchen that had been stained from tea & coffee. Just the normal build up. I wash it out as I do dishes but it doesn’t seem to stop the stains. Since I bathe R in the sink I hate using bleach on it. I had used vinegar and baking soda but it always seemed a little slimy after I rinsed it out.
So I tried Cream of tartar and vinegar. Here is how I did it:
- I took my Cream of tartar and shook it into the sink, enough to coat the bottom.
- I then took my scrubby part of the sponge and worked it into the sink.
- I could see the stains coming up in the color of the cream of tartar. AMAZING
- I grabbed the white vinegar and poured a very small amount in the sink and worked it in with the cream of tartar.
- I let it sit for a couple of minutes and then rinsed it out.
I was impressed most of the discoloring was gone but it wasn’t until after the sink air-dried that I noticed there were no more stains. Waiting for the air dry to judge the final appearance is worth the wait. The same solution worked on the stove too.