With a picky toddler who will voluntarily eat only certain veggies I have started to get creative with how to mix them into meals I am making so they are nicely masked. With the help of the moms in the mother’s group I am part of I have learned to be sneaky getting some veggies into my little fruititarian.
Veggie Packed Meatloaf
2.5 lbs of your choice of ground meat (I use the meatloaf mix/blend)
1 small can of spinach
1 small can of corn
1 large can of tomato paste
3 cloves of garlic (I used 2 Tbsp dehydrated minced garlic)
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp chopped/minced dehydrated onion
A dash of cayenne pepper
2 large Eggs
1 cup Bread crumbs
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 jar/can of pasta sauce
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325° F
2. In a large bowl put in the meat and combine all the veggies and tomato paste. Make sure to mix this well.
3. in a smaller bowl combine the 2 eggs, garlic, Italian seasoning, dehydrated onion, cayenne pepper, and the Worcestershire sauce. Beat this mixture until it is well mixed.
4. Add the egg mixture to the meat and knead together when it looks like it is mixed well add the breadcrumbs and knead until it is mixed well but don’t over mix.
5. Lightly grease the pan you choose to use. (I used a 9×13 cake pan)
6. Add the meatloaf mixture and press down to make as flat of a surface as you can
7. Bake for 30 minutes. Then remove from the oven and and drain the grease as carefully as possible
8. Pour pasta sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
9. Put meatloaf back into the oven and bake for an additional 35 – 45 minutes.
10. Check to make sure the internal temp is at least 155° F if it is then remove from oven and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes to cool down a little. Cut, serve and enjoy.