On July 6th & 7th the Patriots will make a mark in their history books by offering an exchange for #81 Aaron Hernandez jerseys. There are a few rules for exchanging a jersey. The Patriots are encouraging parents to come down and exchange the jerseys for another team member because they understand how children like to wear the jersey of their favorite team and some parents wont want their child sporting a Hernandez jersey in light of all the charges brought against him.
Jersey Exchange Rules:
- The jersey must have been purchased from the Pro Shop or from the Pro Shop online.
- NFL Official Jerseys from the Pro Shop are NIKE or REEBOK only (no receipt of purchase required)
- Only 1 Hernandez jersey per person may be exchanged.
- The exchange must happen in person at Gillette Stadium at the Patriots Pro Shop ONLY during normal business hours.
- You may exchange the Hernandez jersey for any other patriots player of equal or lesser value.
- Only valid for in stock Jersey’s ONLY – No special orders/requests allowed.
- “The Patriots ProShop reserves the right to make all determinations regarding program validity. All determinations are final.”
Hours of Operation:
Sat July 6, 2013 – 10:00am to 9:00pm
Sunday, July 7, 2013 – 10:00am to 7:00pm
MY OPINION OF THE EXCHANGE:
This is an excellent idea. I feel bad for the parents who may have come to New England to see a game yet can’t get back to exchange the #81 Hernandez jersey they may have bought while at a game or in the area. I think it benefits local fans more than the broad spectrum but over all this offer goes over the top with compassion and understanding for their fans. I think it is a marvelous thing they are doing by allowing people to pick another team member’s jersey in place of Aaron Hernandez. This could be seen like a chance to “pick your new favorite player”.
What I would like to know after all the #81 Hernandez jerseys are collected is “Who’s jersey got picked the most to replace Hernandez?”